This beaded macrame bracelet is simple to make yet still very elegant to wear. The bracelet is a favorite among teens. For Cassandra in Brisbane, this would be an excellent project for your girls to learn macrame. It’s very simple!
1. 2 yards of 1mm hemp
2. opaque beads, 6 different colors, and 5 beads of each color.
1. Cut one length of cord to 12 inches for the center cord.
2. Fold the remaining hemp cord in half.
3. Place the center cord between the fold.
4. Hold all 3 cords together and tie and Overhand Knot (make a circle and pull all the cords through). Pull the knot tightly so that you end up with a loop of 3/8 inches at the top.
5. Create a Square Knot by pulling the left cord in front of the center cord. Pull the right cord over the left cord and then around the back of the center cord. Pull it through the loop and pull tight.
6. Reverse the Square Knot: pull the right cord in from of the center cord. Pull the left cord and around the back of the center cord. Pull it through the loop and pull tight.
7. Make 5 more knots.
8. Tie the first half of the Square Knot and then thread on black bead onto the center cord. Tie the second half of the Square Knot.
9. Thread a black bead onto each outside cord and tie the first half of the Square Knot.
10. Thread 2 black beads onto the center cord and tie the second half of the Square Knot.
11. Repeat this process for each color of bead.
12.Tie 5 Square Knots.
13.Tie all 3 of the cords in an Overhand Knot. This ending Overhand Knot will slip through the loop on the other end of the bracelet to secure it around your wrist.
14. Trim the cording to a desired length, such as 1 inch or longer.